Saturday, September 10, 2011

When the World Stopped Turning: A 9/11 tribute

When the World Stopped Turning: A 9/11 Tribute A Tribute of slides and footage to the lives lost September 11 2001. Music: Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning) by Alan Jackson.


Watch this video with your parents if you can. Do they remember exactly what they were doing at the time of the attacks? What is you and your parents reaction while you were watching the video? I can remember the events of the day as though it happened yesterday. And it still makes me cry when I watch something like this. I feel sad for the Moms and Dads, Brothers and Sisters, Sons and Daughters, Husbands and Wives that lost loved ones on that terrible day. We should never forget!

7 comments:

  1. I was in school in second grade. The teachers would not tell us what was going on. There eyes were focused on the televisions playing in the hallway. It was a day of confusion. I went home and the news was on the whole night and my mom finally explained to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its horrible for the little children who barly remember there parents and now will never get to know them. A lot of innocent people die who shouldn't of. Marriages were ending..family members dying.. the impact of the video is so strong and i'm thankful to have my life. I feel so horrible for the families who lost loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in school in 2nd grade, just like Blondie. But I honestly don't remember it that well. I felt like the day was going on as it normally did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i just really remember being so confused and wondering whats going and why people wouldn't inform us. The teachers were just glued to the televisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember I was in 1st grade and I was watching the news with my dad waiting for my show to start and I saw these planes crash into the buildings. I remember asking my dad if they did it on purpose or not, but he didn't answer. He was too busy with the news.
    Now that im older i understand what it is and i still feel very sad when i see movies or articles from these days. 9/11 - Never forget

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in second grade. I really didnt understand what was really going on but i knew it was bad. I thought it was in the cities so i was really scarred. I remaber going by the entrance of the school, by the library and cl, and it was on a tv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in kindergarten at this time. but wwe had every other days so it was my day off. i was visting my great grandmother that day. I didnt understand what was going on that day but i remember we went to pick u my other sibling later from school and we went back to my great grandmas and she passed away that exact same day.

    ReplyDelete